Saturday, May 26, 2007

Its About Time...

This weekend we are competing in the Tour of Southeast Flanders. The race covers a lot of the roads used by the Tour of Flanders. Yesterday was finally a good day for me where just about everything went right. I am finally getting the hang of the European peloton, and spent most of yesterday in the top 30 riders (where I should be). I was in a couple of attacks, but nothing panned out. By the time the last couple k's came, Danny Summerhill attacked while I blocked for him. Unfortunately the move didn't work and Danny and I are sitting somewhere in the top forty. It just felt good to have a good day, where I could go with attacks and not have to worry about holding on to the back of the peloton.

The race is from Saturday to Monday, and I will keep everybody updated on how it plays out. Next week I will post a more descriptive account.

4 comments:

oldfart said...

goooooooooooo - Grant !! Thanks for your new Blog ! Aunt Jenny and Jessica are here for Nath's graduation. They say great to hear you had a good race. Stay up @ the front ! Stay Safe , our prayers are w/ you. Give Mat , Mary and Madison a hug and thank them for the pics.
Love , Poppy , Alicia , Aunt Jen and Jessica

Anonymous said...

you're a beastly being grant van horn.

WesR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WesR said...

Ok Great ride. Now get to some hills and you can really show them what your made of.