Friday, May 18, 2007

Off to the Netherlands

We leave for the Netherlands today to for another stage race. This race, known as Axil, is a three day, four stage race with a TT and road race on the second day. The race is known for high winds and numerous cobble sections. There is supposed to be a 1000m section of cobbles, and on the last day cobbled climbs cover the coarse. The Belgians consider this to be their national championships, so I can only imagine what we are in for. If there is an internet connection I will try and update the blog, if not, expect the results on Monday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is very entertaining and enlightening. Keep them coming. It sounds like you need to include east Bako back allies in your future training for Europe racing.

Your pride of America is refreshing.

Earl

oldfart said...

gooooooooo - Grant !! Thanks for the great writing. Alice and I send our bestests - go SAFE !
Poppy and Alicia

WesR said...

Go Get Em Grant!!! Hope the food is better in the Netherlands. Keep the rubber side down.

Anonymous said...

Yo young Van Horn....hadn't checked the blog in a bit and your tales of Europe remind me of my own. I can remember trying to find a store open at 3pm during siesta, getting kicked off the sidewalk by the guardia civil because I was sick of riding on cobbles and ending up in towns 50 miles from home.....but as long as I found a cafe I was fine! How about Taco Bell?! I would have flown home for Taco Bell! Remember that lots of folks are thinking about you daily with good thoughts your way...flow like water young man, flow like water. Take heart in knowing that learing and experiencing are as much a part of success as winning. You can't have one without the others. Come home safe....after you throw down some hurt! Love ya, Sambo (finally scabless)

zthomas said...

im expecting pictures of you with all these hot waitresses in your next blog posting.